Location: Streatham, South West London, United Kingdom
£10.50 per hour – Bank Hours to cover shifts as and when required
Based in Streatham, London
Deepdene Care is a national mental healthcare provider operating five homes nationwide, offering high quality care to people with severe and enduring mental health needs. It was established in 1987, providing services that include specialised nursing and residential care.
We currently are recruiting for a reliable, experienced individual with a friendly and caring nature to work as a maintenance person in Streatham, London, SW16 2EA.
Previous experience working in a similar/care home would be ideal. A responsible and caring attitude is important. You will work in friendly but sometimes challenging environments, therefore excellent interaction and communication skills are essential.
The chosen candidate must be willing to be ‘On Call’ for advice and/or action in any emergencies which may arise out of hours to include weekends and bank holidaysto meet the needs of the home.
- Knowledge of current Health & Safety regulations is desirable
- Hold a full UK driving licence
Duties & Responsibilities – General Internal & External Maintenance
- Carry out minor maintenance and repair work to buildings, furniture, fixtures and fittings and equipment.
- To report any building, equipment, electrical, heating faults and any other potential hazards that you cannot resolve to the Manager
- Complete all weekly, monthly and periodic Health & Safety checks and document in the appropriate record books within the Home.
- To carry out weekly, monthly and periodic checks of the fire alarm system, and log results
- Check call points, fire exits, door retaining devices and emergency lights, as specified in the company’s policies and procedures.
- To carry out weekly, monthly and periodic checks and record water temperatures, maintain legionella checks as specified in the company’s policies and procedure.
- Maintain a ‘Maintenance Book’ in which defects within the Home are recorded by staff members. Use this book as your “to do list” for repairs and replacements daily.
- Carry out any patching up or touching up of decoration as and when required in order to maintain a good standard of the care home.
- Ensure all ventilation units and light fittings are kept clean. Replace any defective light bulbs / diffusers as required.
- Move furniture and heavy and bulky equipment, as directed by the Home Manager, ensuring safe moving and handling techniques are used.
- To carry out any reasonable practical tasks as directed by the Home Manager that will contribute to the smooth running of the business.
- Maintain the grounds and gardens including fences, garden furniture, grass, shrubs, plants etc.
- Maintain any tools and equipment to ensure they are kept clean and in good working order and according to manufacturer’s guidelines and servicing schedules.
- Clear snow, and grit any driveways, paths, external fire escapes and any external area which residents, visitors and staff members have access.
- Clean all external signs and lighting outside the Home.
- Keep any sheds, outbuildings and areas in which waste is stored in a clean and tidy condition in accordance to fire standards
- Ensure that all outbuildings and sheds are secured after use and at the end of each working day
Successful applicants will be subject to pre – employment checks including an enhanced DBS disclosure.
We can offer successful applicants benefits such as:
An opportunity to work for a company who invest in their employees and have recently celebrated 30 years of success.
- Pension scheme
- Free DBS check
- In-house Training
- Employee Assistance programme
- Refer a friend fee
If this appeals to you, we would love to hear from you.